How to Get an FBX Model to Play Animations when the Animations are Split?

I've imported a model I found on the internet, and when imported into Unity without the animations being split, it plays fine. When the animations are split, they don't play, but I assume that I would need a script to play them. But, when I attach a script to play the animations to my game object, nothing happens.

I think that the name of the animations is correct, because I think that if my script tried to access these animations with the name being incorrect then it would give me some sort of Null Reference error. Can someone who has experience splitting FBX models' animations and then calling those animations from within a script help me with my problem? Thanks in advanced.

Hard to say anything about the script without seeing it - it can do basically anything ;)

If you're concerned about splitting you can always change defaultClip on Animation component and on your GameObject. If you have "Play Automatically" then that GameObject will play defaultClip when you hil "Play" button.

I tried a simple script like the following, and it didn't work. Keep in mind, this is when I split a single animation - not use different animations from different versions of the same model from different files.

function Start () 
{
    StartCoroutine("TestPlay");
}

function TestPlay()
{
    animation.Play("idle");
    yield WaitForSeconds(animation.clip.length);
    animation.Play("aim 1");
    animation.Play("run 1");
    animation.Play("fallBackward 1");
}

How about testing the animation with just “animation.Play(idle)” in the Start() function?
If that works, then move on to troubleshooting coroutines.