How to know if the running web player is the development or release one ?

In 2.6.0 Release note:

"There are now Development and Release web players available. The Development one includes Profiler support and is installed with the Editor as well as being available for download seperately. Auto-update and user installations use the Release webplayer."

I have a very weird crash that occurs randomly after a random period of time (even when doing nothing) under IE8 ... and I would like to know if it's linked to this "develpment vs release" web player version ...

Any idea ?

Look up the Profiler class in the documentation and try out the example code there.

1. Basically, you need to specify a log file and wrap the code, that you want to monitor, in the 'BeginSample' and 'EndSample' calls.

2. Then, you need to make sure that you build the web player as a 'Development Build' (a little check box at the bottom of the build settings panel).

Experiment a little with it to get the output you want. It is still a little rough around the edges and the log files may seem overwhelming at first glance, but it is very useful.

I am not sure if the Profiler class is available in the free version, though. The GUI Profiler is only available in Unity Pro, but I am not sure if the Profiler class is available in the free version.