How to lock movement for a character while attack animation using "while" function?

Hello!

I’m a Unity noob. I have successfully implemented animations for jumping, running and attacking to a character, but I want to disable movement while the attack animation is playing. This is the relevant code I used for the horizontal movement and attack. The solutions I’ve read haven’t really helped me, but I have an idea to accomplish what I want.

I had hoped that a “while” would work, but it doesn’t. There’s no error, but I would like to know how to implement this idea correctly.

public float Speed;

private Rigidbody2D Rigidbody2D;
private Animator Animator;
private float Horizontal;

private void Start()
    {
        Rigidbody2D = GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>();
        Animator = GetComponent<Animator>();
    }

private void Update()
    {
        Horizontal = Input.GetAxisRaw("Horizontal");
        if (Horizontal < 0.0f) transform.localScale = new Vector3(-1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);
        else if (Horizontal > 0.0f) transform.localScale = new Vector3(1.0f, 1.0f, 1.0f);

Animator.SetBool("Run", Horizontal != 0.0f);

if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.F))
           {
               Attack();
           }

//This is the "solution" I tried, but didn't work. It's an analog for .IsPlaying() from the animation component. The "Speed" variable is the one I use to indicate movement. 
       while (Animator.GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(0).IsName("CharacterAttack") == true)
          {
              Speed = 0.0f;
          }
    }

private void Attack()
    {
        //The trigger for the animator that kick the attack animation.
        Animator.SetTrigger("Attack");
    }

private void FixedUpdate()
    {
        Rigidbody2D.velocity = new Vector2(Horizontal * Speed, Rigidbody2D.velocity.y);
    }

}

You could wrap your movement code in an IF statement. Declare a bool of canMove and default it to true.

private void FixedUpdate()
     {
         if(canMove)
		 {
		 	Rigidbody2D.velocity = new Vector2(Horizontal * Speed, Rigidbody2D.velocity.y);
		 }

}

Then use a coroutine to handle the logic flow of canMove = Fasle, trigger attack animation and then set canMove back to true again.

Thank you both! Your answers really helped me. For now, I managed to achive this using this code:

private void Update()
    {
        if(Animator.GetCurrentAnimatorStateInfo(0).IsName("Attack"))
        {
            Speed = 0.0f;
        } else {
            Speed = 3.5f;
        }