How to make a top down shooter game?

Hi! I am making a tank game and I am going to call it "T.Tank". I want the top of the tank to look at my *Cursor*but I cant get it to work!!

This game is for Pc, and my body part is a picture I have made myself, and it works fine. The top picture is also a picture and it looks like a circle with a sylynder attached to it. I want the Top part to look at my cursor Like a tanks canon. I can shoot with it but i cant look with it.

I have all under control exept the top Part... The top part are not going to look up if i put my cursor on it, it is always going to look forward/at the cursor. The tanks top are just goung to rotate to look the cursor.

Can someone help me?

ok if you don't have good answer then the code for looking at the mouse is this

function Update ()
var position = Input.mousePosition;
    newposition = Vector3(position.x,position.y,camera.main.transform.position.y-      transform.position.y);
    var lastposition = camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(newposition);
    transform.LookAt(lastposition);
}

so i think this would work. hope this helps!

In answer to the OP, those of you looking at turret rotation may find it useful to look at Martin Schultz's rts community project in the forums: http://forum.unity3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=18802

Your question is extremely general so please be more specific about what you need ie. certain kinds of scripts modeling questions and imports.

The tap to move example in the Penelope is a good place to start. Penelope Tutorial

It is iPhone specific so it will log a few errors, until you take out the iPhone specific features like the touch screen.

By the way i don't want it to look up just rotate around..

I have the same Question. Do you have a title screen yet? if so, How did you make it?

Has the same problem. I'm just starting out in Unity and I would love to get a tutorial like this. It would help out allot!

A basic tutorial where the character will turn towards the mouse pointer and walk towards it if a button is pressed. Also having shooting functional would also be a great help. Anything more and you might as well make the game! but basic AI would put the icing on this cake.

This game is for Pc, and my body part is a picture I have made myself, and it works fine. The top picture is also a picture and it looks like a circle with a sylynder attached to it. I want the Top part to look at my cursor Like a tanks canon. I can shoot with it but i cant look with it.

I have all under control exept the top Part... The top part are not going to look up if i put my cursor on it, it is always going to look forward/at the cursor. The tanks top are just goung to rotate to look the cursor.