How to move gameobject with constant speed towards target?

Hi, I am a learner of game development programming and I want to move the game object with constant speed towards target and stop moving once it reaches 1.0, or less, units of distance. I usually search for many php questions and answers & its collaboration with php, which fortunately get resolved in such Q&A forums. So again, I am hoping that some of the tech experts in this community can help to figure out my issue.

class Mover : MonoBehaviour
{
Vector3 target;
float speed;

void Update()
{

}
}

class Mover : MonoBehaviour {
[SerializeField]
Vector3 target;

[SerializeField]
  float speed;

Vector3 dirNormalized;

void Start() {
    dirNormalized = (target - transform.position).normalized;
  }

void Update() {
    if(Vector3.Dist(target, transform.position) <= 1) {
      enabled = false;  // causes that Update() of this MonoBehavior is not called anymore (until enabled is set back to true)
      // Do whatever you want when the object is close to its target here
    } else {
      transform.position = transform.position + dirNormalized * speed * Time.deltaTime;
    }
  }
}

This is assuming that you simply want to set the speed and the target position in the editor and the target position does NOT change (since the direction is only calculated once initially, in Start()).

PLEASE NOTE: This is only the way to go, if the object you are moving does not have a rigidbody and/or colliders (any “phyics-stuff”). If it does, you should rather use the rigidbody to move it.

class Mover : MonoBehaviour {

Vector3 target; float speed;

void Update() {
           Vector3 dir = (target - this.transform.position).normalized; //unit length vector towards target
           this.transform.position = dir*Time.deltaTime; //times deltaTime to make this speed frame-rate independant
   }

}