I’m looking for way to build scenes as separate streamed asset and my scenes would target some other asset bundle that contains some heavy textures, model, etc… Basically my scene will only have references to models, texture… and actual model will be downloaded as separate asset bundle.
- Scene1 contains 3 “instances” of BigModel.fbx at positions (0, 0, 0), (5, 0, 0) and (10, 0, 0)
- Scene2 contains same object, but differently arranged
- Main scene downloads Scene1 and Scene2 in runtime (on demand)
- BigModel.fbx is loaded in runtime as external asset bundle, before Application.LoadLevel (“Scene1”) is called.
What I tried so far:
- Pack Scene1 in asset bundle with BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundle() – Scene cannot be included in Asset bundle
- Pack scene with BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle – This packs all dependencies(BigModel.fbx) in Scene1 and in Scene2
- Pack all GameObjects from Scene1 in 1 GameObject and make prefab Scene1Pref. Pack prefab as asset bundle – Problem with updating prefab inside prefab (not supported in Unity 4.0)