How to set and objects gravity direction to Z -10 based on the objects rotation? (2D)

Recently I have been working on a 2D mind-fuzzle game, which more or less turns everything inside out with interesting and intuitive ideas, I can tell you now, if you get motion sickness you won’t like this game :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, I have been playing around, and I would like the controls of the game to be simple, move the character left and right, and change the characters gravity by pressing space to a vector of (0, -10, 0) or something like that. I have been using (0, -1, 0) for debug purposes.

This vector, however, needs to be based on the players rotation. If I where to move my player of the side of a roof, it would start to rotate half way off the side of the roof, pressing space would then change the players gravity to (0, -10, 0) based on the players rotation, not the static coords.

Here is a picture to explain what I want to do. The left shows the player rotated with the gravity (0, -10, 0) as a vector from the players position, rotation is not considered. The right shows what I want, the gravity as (0, -10, 0) based on the players position AND rotation.

Could someone please help me do this? If I have not been clear enough please ask me, I have made a decent effort to try and get this working :S

Thanks in advance,

~Joe

Untested but try this:

Physics2D.gravity = -transform.up * gravityAmount;

This will have to be set when your character is rotated. I don’t know the nature of your game, but it will effect all the objects in the scene.