I’m currently working on how to use Speech recognition.
Having googled all this day, I found many libraries such as :
- Microsoft Speech API (SAPI) => Windows
- CMU Sphinx (PocketSphinx) => Cross platform (written in C)
- They love games’ pluggin (Doesn’t work well) => Cross platform
- Google Web Speech API (Online) => Online devices, webplayer
- Google Speech API => Android
(And other like SILVIA, but it seems (very) expensive… …List of speech recognition software - Wikipedia)
To begin with, I’m trying to test the SAPI one, but System.Speech is not available in the Mono version. I tried to find the library dll or a similar project…
If you know other libraries or packages, or even theorical documentation to code that (last resort ^^'), I’d be very grateful
My goal is to compare an AudioClip (registered with Microphone class) with 3 other AudioClips to get the one that must be the correct sentence (or ‘not understood’) : the problem is I don’t know if it’s possible to do a quick check or if I must use speech recognition.
Thank you for your help,
Edit : errors (within lib names :p)
Edit 2 : I have a simple solution (I don’t like) : don’t use unity to do the speech recognition.
- do it in another process => Not web player, depends on the device.
- or use a server => For online devices.
Edit 3 : correction (english syntax error :p)
Edit 4 : pocketsphinx is cross platform