how to use TimeSpan.TotalSeconds

I am trying to get a time gap using TimeSpan.TotalSeconds.
But I get some strange results.
This is my code.

TimeSpan ts1 = new TimeSpan(System.DateTime.Now.Ticks);
float lastSavedTime = (float)ts1.TotalSeconds;
PlayerPrefs.SetFloat("LastSavedTime", lastSavedTime);

float lastSavedTime = PlayerPrefs.GetFloat("LastSavedTime");

TimeSpan ts2 = new TimeSpan(System.DateTime.Now.Ticks);
float timeGap = (float)ts2.TotalSeconds - lastSavedTime;

... make timeGap less than 1800 (30 minutes)

int passedMin = (int)(timeGap / 60f);
int passedSec = (int)(timeGap % 60f); <== I'm not sure if this is correct.

The value of timeGap is supposed to be positive, isn’t it? But I get negative number.
What have I done wrong? Thanks for reading.

I personally prefer to use epoch time instead of TimeSpan. Epoch time is a system for describing instants in time, traditionally defined as the number of seconds that have elapsed since 00:00:00 Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), Thursday, 1 January 1970, (not counting leap seconds).

For me, I achieve this with a static class.

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;
using System;

public static class Epoch  {

public static int Current()
    {
        DateTime epochStart = new DateTime(1970, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, DateTimeKind.Utc);
        int currentEpochTime = (int)(DateTime.UtcNow - epochStart).TotalSeconds;

return currentEpochTime;
    }

public static int SecondsElapsed(int t1)
    {
        int difference = Current() - t1;

return Mathf.Abs(difference);
    }

public static int SecondsElapsed(int t1, int t2)
    {
        int difference = t1 - t2;

return Mathf.Abs(difference);
    }

}

This allows you to track time using a 32-bit signed Int. It is worth noting that if you use 1-1-1970 as your epoch, your code will break on 1-19-2038. This is because the date 1-19-2038 is 2147483647 seconds after 1-1-1970. The number 2147483647 is the largest number a 32-bit signed Int can hold. To avoid this, you can change the line

DateTime epochStart = new DateTime(1970, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, DateTimeKind.Utc);

to a more recent date in the past. An Int epoch spans 136 years.

I did not notice the comment: “I fixed it myself. Converting it to float was the mistake, I changed it to double and it’s ok.” until after I had already written up a response. I’m only posting anyway because it is an alternate solution. Please do not post “Answers” as comments, even answers to your own questions. The reason being others, like myself, that see this post usually do not look through the comments but instead look through the “Answers”. Especially the green ones that are marked as “Accepted Answer”. You should also mark an answer as “Accepted Answer”.