Howcome this coroutine loops once?

I’m having a bit of a hard time understand coroutine and lerp. This IEnumerator should iterate several times, but the loop only ever fires once. Also not sure if the Lerp is right.

Thanks for reading.

IEnumerator move_item()
	{

for (float t = 0; t < 1; t += Time.deltaTime / 1f) 
		{

recievedItem.transform.position = Vector3.Lerp (recievedItem.transform.position, transform.position, t);
			yield return null;
			StartCoroutine (move_item());
		}

yield return new WaitForSeconds(1f);
	}

Ah now I see. You’re using Lerp incorrectly. While using it, both the StartPosition and EndPosition should stay the same, only t should change. See http://wiki.unity3d.com/index.php?title=MoveObject and can someone explain how using Time.deltaTime as 't' in a lerp actually works? - Unity Answers as examples.

In your case I’d use Vector3.MoveTowards, unless you absolutely needs to use Lerp.
Something like this

IEnumerator move_item()
  {
          float speed = 5f;
          float step = Time.deltaTime * speed;
          while(Vector3.Distance(recievedItem.transform.position, transform.position) > 0.01f)
          {
                  recievedItem.transform.position = Vector3.MoveTowards(recievedItem.transform.position, transform.position, step);
                  yield return null;
          }
  }

Generally, you would want the Lerp method to have a stop condition related to the distance from object to target

IEnumerator move_item()
{
        if(Vector3.Distance(recievedItem.transform.position, transform.position) > 0.01f)
        {
                recievedItem.transform.position = Vector3.Lerp(recievedItem.transform.position, transform.position, Time.deltaTime);
                yield return null;
                StartCoroutine(move_item());
        }
}