…And I cannot see the difference between them in any of the settings. How does one set an animation to play once then stop, as opposed to looping?
This is a fairly common issue.
- Select the animation that does not loop.
- Press Ctrl + D to duplicate the animation.
2a. (Optional) Rename the animation to something memorable but different.
- Select your newly created/named animation (the duplicate).
- In the inspector, tick the Loop Time box.
- Depending on your situation, you may also tick the other box/adjust time offset.
- Replace your current animation with the duplicated one.
The reason that the animation must be duplicated, is because the old one is usually read-only, which means that it can’t be edited directly.