il2cpp error when compiling for webGL in version 2017.1.0

This is the exact same error reported in this question:

But it was closed due to it being a beta build. This is happening from a fresh install of the latest NON beta build.

This is the critical error; with the noise removed:

CRITICAL:root:The JavaScript shell used for compiling ([‘C:/Program Files/Unity/Editor/Data\Tools
odejs
ode.exe’, ‘–stack_size=8192’, ‘–max-old-space-size=2048’]) does not seem to work, check the paths in C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\emscripten.config

Preceeded by this warning:

WARNING:root:did not see a source tree above or next to the LLVM root directory (guessing based on directory of C:\Program Files\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\Emscripten_FastComp_Win\llc), could not verify version numbers match

This is from an upgraded project that was previously on 5.3, but untouched for… quite a while. I simply wanted to recompile it from webplayer to webgl.

I have no idea how to fix this, or even to begin looking at what is wrong. Is this a bug in the current version?

The solution is here!

Same error here… In fact, any project that I create, even without any scripts brings me this error…
Btw, it’s the first time I install Unity on my computer, so it’s a fresh install as well.

I believe this will be corrected in the 2017.1.0p3 patch release, which will be available here soon: Download Archive

2017.1.0f3 still has the same problem; editing Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WebGLSupport\BuildTools\emscripten.config to reduce stack size to 1024 worked.
Which makes me wonder why. My PC had 15 Gb RAM free and memory consumption wasn’t particularly high anyway; task manager said il2cpp.exe was run as 64-bit process and I know for a fact that my OS (Windows 7 x64 Ultimate) does allow one process to take 20+ Gb.

Hey Everyone,

I had the same issue on 2017.1.2p1 and thanks to Ewanuk on this thread https://forum.unity.com/threads/error-building-webgl-il2cpp-exe-did-not-run-properly.468019/ the problem is solved on my side now.