This issue has been driving me insane for the past days. In short, submit wont work in a build or when I choose to “build and run”.
The project is set to Input System Package (new) only, and I am using version 2019.4.9f1.
I have tried setting InputSystemUIInputModule’s pointer behaviour to all available options, and I’ve tried setting the Project Settings > Input System Package > Update Mode to all available options also.
The other interesting aspect of this issue is that the same thing happens on a gamepad (pressing A to submit has the same effect - it prints out Submit but the button does nothing)!
I’d appreciate some advice very much.
I’ll attach some screenshots of my settings, just in case at the end. Thank you.
I created a test scene in my project that consists of the following:
- A text that prints out current action
- A button that when pressed, changes colour and displays a text on it
- A gameobject that has an EventSystem, InputSystemUIInputModule, PlayerInput and a custom script on it that reads current action
When running this in editor, it prints out the right actions, and when I press the button, it changes colour and displays text:
When running this in “Build and Run”, it prints out the right actions, the button gets highlighted when hovered, but it does not react to being pressed:
- Input System Package Settings:
- EventSystem, InputSystemUIInputModule and PlayerInput:
- in the input action map, Submit is set to action type “Button”: