Install unity without admin

Hello,

I desperately need unity at my school and have no way of installing it without admin priv. The step I get stuck at is shortly after starting the installer I am prompted to select my user. I cannot provide the password for Administrator and if I select my user I am told that the installer requires administrator access. I have already tried installing in safe mode and have tried the batch command to reset the admin password.

Thanks in advance

Yes @ms2318
There is a way downloading Unity without admin:

Step 1.
Download Unity

Step 2.
Open Notepad

Step 3.
Copy and Paste:
set __COMPAT_LAYER=RunAsInvoker
start UnityDownloadAssistant-5.5.2f1

Step 4.
Save The Notepad Next to The Unity Download
Name The Notepad File:
Unity Compact Layer .bat

Step 5.
Click the bat file

Step 6.
Thank Me!

If you’re required to have it at school you should be able to get your IT guy to install it as admin. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to install a functional version without admin privileges. Whether it is the free version of Unity or Pro, it needs to use file paths that require administrator permission.

If you absolutely aren’t able to get administrator help, you can try a couple things, it will differ though based on how things are set up…

1.) Change the password of the admin using command prompt. In cmd type, net user Administrator x (The password is now ‘x’. You may be unable to do this if it’s protected).

2.) Boot up in safe mode then install it.

@ms2318
I don’t know if you are still looking for help, but I downloaded the download assistant for the unity version I wanted, and then I made a new bat file on my desktop named what ever you want. And inside it I put: cmd /min /C "set __COMPAT_LAYER=RUNASINVOKER && start “” “%1"”

Then I just dragged and dropped the download assistant file on the bat file and it let me install, but you have to change the file location to some where other than program files or program files (x86).

@SasukeUchiha1234 do this really installs the file without admin password ???