Instantiate an object and place it on a list.

I cann’t seem to figure out what I’m doing wrong. So the idea is: Object enters trigger, I instantiate a prefab and add it on a list. But what happens is that a null obejct gets added.

void OnTriggerEnter(Collider col)
	{
		GameObject gox  =  Instantiate (radarPlayer, position, col.transform.rotation) as GameObject;
		radarObjects.Add (gox);
		}
	}

I even tried changing the instantiation to

GameObject gox = (GameObject) Instantiate(radarPlayer);

I guess I’m doing something wrong when casting, since I dont really understand much of that.

What is the type of radarPlayer object? If it is a gameObject, it should work fine. Generally, you cast your objects as GameObject gox = Instantiate(radarPlayer) as GameObject;. However, if your radarPlayer is not a GameObject reference but something like a reference to a MonoBehavior script like this RadarPlayer radarPlayer;, then you would have to instantiate it as GameObject gox = Instantiate(radarPlayer.gameObject) as GameObject;

Since I do not see a Resources.Load statement, I am assuming that you want to instantiate a prefab that has been linked in inspector. Make sure your radarPlayer’s reference is set in inspector.