Instantiate/Destroy Garbage Collection advice

I instantiate a gameobject (300verts) every 3secs or less and they get destroyed either ‘at random’ (wrt time) or in batches on 20, from start to finish.

Should I run Garbage Collection through the course of the game or allow auto GC to do its work?

The case :

I run the following code

function pullIn()
{
	var hitColliders = Physics.OverlapSphere(Vector3(0,0,0), detectRadius, allBlockLMask);

for (var i = 0; i < hitColliders.Length; i++)
		{
			var myTransform : Transform = hitColliders*.transform;*
  •  	if ( myTransform.rigidbody.isKinematic == true )*

•  	{*

•  		myTransform.rigidbody.isKinematic = false;*

_ myTransform.rigidbody.MovePosition(myTransform.rigidbody.position + myTransform.TransformDirection(Vector3.down*blockMoveAmount));_

•  		//myTransform.rigidbody.isKinematic = true; // <- (1)*

•  	}*

•  }*

}
After which I feel a little lagginess for the rest of the game. (The routine works perfectly with no lag - not the issue).
Adding line (1) (marked in the code) solves the problem so I figure the lag is down to constant physics response in my objects, however this doesnt seem to be a problem before the routine.
Should I run Garbage Collection through the course of the game or allow auto GC to do its work? Will it help in this particular case or will the benefits be negligible?

I wouldn’t GC during the game - can you not do something about pooling those objects?

Reason being, the version of Mono we are saddled with has only one generation and a GC is going to look at absolutely everything (which is not what happens in the current version of Mono or in the Microsoft versions). The only answer is to allocate a bunch of memory (then deallocate it) and hope you get away with it, or pool everything you can :S