Is it possible to change the shadow that is cast?

Its all in the question. Specifically, I need to find a way to have dynamic shadows, but the shadows are no longer realistic. More specifically, I would prefer a way to replace the way the shadow looks with a texture that moves dynamically in place of the shadow.

Yes, I am willing to code shaders and yes, I have dabbled in it a little already.
I will continue my research in shaders; however, if it cannot be done within unity I need to know if I am wasting my time.

Mainly, I just need to know if it can be done. I don’t need specific instruction on how to do it (yet at least). If it can, am I correct in coding shaders? if not, where would I begin?

I don’t want to go into too much detail about why I need it, and I appreciate your understanding and help in advance.

Yes, shadows are controlled by specific passes in your shader, with the tags “LightMode” = “ShadowCollector” and “LightMode” = “ShadowCaster”. You can customise these however you want to specify how an object receives and casts shadows respectively.