Is it possible to render a GUI.Label into a Texture ?

Hi

Here is the thing, I love to map word-wrapped texts on planes. It's what i do. Anytime I can do it, here I am mapping word-wrapped texts over all the planes I can find. Guess what, sometimes I even do it on cubes.

And I'd love to know how to do it with Unity.

I've been kindly advised to use a GUI.Label. Which is great because it seems to be the best way to simply format dynamic texts.

Now it's easy to capture a GUI.Text or a GUI.Texture into the Target Texture of my Camera but I have no success with a GUI.Label. Do I have to assign it to a GUI.Layer ? I couldn't find how.

thanks for your help.

Here is ho I'm creating my GUI.label

using UnityEngine;
using System.Collections;

public class CreateGuiLabel : MonoBehaviour {
    private string myString;
    void Start ()
    {

myString  = "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum";
    }

public GUISkin gSkin;

void OnGUI ()
    {

if (gSkin)
            GUI.skin = gSkin;
        else
            Debug.Log ("ConfigureMenuGUI : GUI skin object missing!");

GUI.Label (new Rect (0, 0, 200, 400), myString, "Content Text");

}

}

It may require some tweaking to get right, but you should be able to get this to work, by setting RenderTexture.active to your target texture in your OnGUI call (and setting it back later).