Just got an idea of using LUA or JS to bypass(partly) AOT limitations on iOS for situations when you stream AssetBundle from server which will include TextAssets with scripts.
I see it in this way:
- Create folder for your AssetBundle
- Create a GameObject
- Attach a special c# script component “LUA_JS_Behaviour.cs” with empty “LUA/JS Script” public property (this component will be compiled with main assembly)
- Build AssetBundle
- Load AssetBundle and Instantiate loaded GO
- Set “LUA/JS Script” public property of GO to loaded TextAsset.text
- Call something like ItsAlive();
So does anybody knows a solution for LUA or JS (or any other) interpreter that can be compiled with Game in very beginning and then it should be used as “some kind” GameObjects logic? And could my app be banned for that on App Store?
Thanx for any liks or materials!