Jumping Attack Question

How would I go about making an attack that has a jump in the middle of the action/animation? Would I have to use code in unity to make him jump or just allow the character jump inside the action/animation?

Would I have to use code in unity to make him jump or just allow the character jump inside the action/animation?

I am not entirely sure about your setup, but to me it sounds like you could do this with a transition from the Attack State to a Jump State or Attack-Jump State (if you need a separate animation) in the Animation Controller. To avoid confusion, what I mean with State is the blocks in the Animation Controller that plays animation clips and transition being the configurable arrow between states, that dictates flow. If you already have a parameter for jumping, you could transition from Attack to Jump when the parameter is set/triggered much like you have a transition from Idle or Walk to Jump. Presumably you have code that drive the animation controller for basic input such as walk/jump/attack already.

That’s up to you, whatever makes sense in your game. Either one can work.