Knockback and directions problem

I have this script attached to an object, if my player encounters that object it will be knocked back. I have six directions on which it will be knocked back. This 1 will show you the different direction of which my player may get knock back. My problem: X=0,Y=1 and X=0,Y=-1 doesn’t work, however every other velocity works. How can I also include the directions of X=0,Y=1 and X=0,Y=-1. Thank you and here is my code:

public class Knockback : MonoBehaviour {

public float xForceToAdd;
public float yForceToAdd;
// Use this for initialization
void Start () {

}

// Update is called once per frame
void Update () {

}
void OnTriggerEnter2D(Collider2D other)  {
	if (other.gameObject.tag == "Player")
	{
		//Store the vector 2 of the location where the initial hit happened;
		Vector2 initialHitPoint = new Vector2 (other.gameObject.transform.position.x, other.gameObject.transform.position.y);
		float xForce = 0;
		float yForce = 0;
		//Grab our collided with objects rigibody
		Rigidbody2D rigidForForce = other.gameObject.GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>();
		//Determine left right center of X hit
		if (initialHitPoint.x > (this.transform.position.x + (this.transform.localScale.x /3)))
		{
			xForce = 1;
		}
		else if (initialHitPoint.x < (this.transform.position.x - (this.transform.localScale.x /3)))
		{
			xForce = -1;
		}
		else
		{
			xForce = 0;
		}
		if (initialHitPoint.y > (this.transform.position.y + (this.transform.localScale.y /3)))
		{
			yForce = 1;
		}
		else if (initialHitPoint.y < (this.transform.position.y - (this.transform.localScale.y /3)))
		{
			yForce = -1;
		}
		else
		{
			yForce = 0;
		}
		rigidForForce.velocity = new Vector2(xForce * xForceToAdd, yForce * yForceToAdd);
	}

}

}

(http://noobtuts.com/content/unity/2d-pong-game/vector2_directions.png)

In your image you show 8 knockback directions (9 possible in your code) :stuck_out_tongue:

is your y value always zero? does the knockback in (1, 1) or (1, -1) work?
is yForceToAdd set to something != 0?

you dont need both “else” cases (32-35, 44-47) because you set yForce and xForce to 0 in 19. and 20.
your code seems to be correct, but im pretty sure there is a more elegant way of doing it.