learn c#? please help.

First I just want to say that i´m really new to Unity, and I have never typed a code in my entier life. I have now in Unity, created a cylinder on a plane. i would like to know a code that can make my cylinder walk and jump using my arrow ceys or WASD. Im using c#. i would allso be glad if someone could tell me about some c# game creator tutorials. I would really like to know c# and java. please tell me how you first learned c# or Java, and please give me some advice:)

I advice you roll up your sleeves, take a good breath, and dive right into the Lerpz tutorial, head first ! Ok it’s in java … script :p, but to go from js to c# isn’t that much of a stretch I would say. If you really want C#, look for Burgzurg tutorials. I know those are pretty big for beginners and can look scary, but it’s worth it.

Good luck.

1st step go on youtube

2nd look up either

a.BurgZergArcade
b.TornadoTwins
c.(dont mean to advertise) but Me! DGArtistsInc

If you just want to learn to code, using a game as a project, try just C# VisualStudio Express (it’s free) and start a “Forms” mode project. It’s got pictures, sound, colors – can make any sort of 2D adventure/puzzle game. Adding a Timer and OnKeyDown events lets you make 2D shooters, platformers… . Lots of info around the web on VS.

Unity has all the extra professional/gamey stuff. Instead of a color, you have to use a Material+shader+texture+tint. In C#, you can easily check if two things overlap, but that runs too slowly for 50+ object; so Unity’s has an auto-collision system, in the “physics engine.” …