Lerpz wont move

I am a 3-D artist new to gaming engines and I am having trouble with this Lerpz game tutorial. I am on page 19 where I need to apply the ThirdPersonPlayerAnimation to the Lerpz game object and I am getting this error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object SpringFollowCamera.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Scripts/Camera/SpringFollowCamera.js:44)

I don't understand whats going on. Can someone Please help me out?

Here's what the error means:

On one of your objects, likely the camera, there is an instance of the script Assets/Scripts/Camera/SpringFollowCamera.js attached. At line 44 of this script, there is an object that it is trying to reference that does not exist.

I looked at the script in question and the object that it is trying to reference is `controller`, the `ThirdPersonController` that should be attached to the target (which it gets in Awake()).

There are several sources for the problem and possible solutions:

1. You could remove the SpringFollowCamera script and then it won't give you that error.
  2. If the target on the script is not set, then set the target to be an object with a ThirdPersonContoller attached.
  3. If the target specified does not have a ThirdPersonController, add a ThirdPersonContoller to the target.
  4. Were you making a change in Play mode? This is generally a bad idea if you don't know what you are doing. Stop, make your changes and then click Play.
  5. If none of the above apply, then the error may be a remnant from some past state at which you clicked Play when your scene was not properly setup. Clear the error and try again.