Level Creation and Loading Levels

I want to know how can I load level from a file.I have seen my games that load their level from a file of type json.Is there any way to do so.like a 5 grid base
I want to achieve it like

1.create a prefabs

2.create a file containing the information about the level some thing like this example
2X3 grid

[“prefab name,size,grid number”,“prefab name,size,grid number”,“prefab name,size,grid number”]

[“prefab name,size,grid number”,“prefab name,size,grid number”,“prefab name,size,grid number”]

3.load the file in unity

4.Parse the file

5.convert the file to a level by getting the name of prefab size and the grid number where the prefab has to be loaded.

or other way round create a level in unity convert it into json and load it or share it with others.

By doing some search I have found this link but its way to difficult to understand

http://www.michaeljohnstephens.com/devblog/creating-storing-and-loading-levels-with-text-files-in-unity

Any suggestion or help will be appreciated… :smiley:

If you want to use the first method then you have to do it by yourself but it will provide you with greater control but if you use the second method i.e.

other way round create a level in
unity convert it into json and load it
or share it with others

Then you can use Unity Serializer for the same that will reduce the workload for you to load the file and then parse it and then assemble the level all by yourself.