Lighting wont behave as I want it to

Hey

I’m in the development of a game with some friends. Our game is a 2D top-down view but the lighting wont behave as we want it to.

alt text

As you can see on the image our game is very dark (like we want it to be) and the only light source is a “Point Light” on top of the player (yellow square). Our walls are the red ones. We want the light to behave as in the picture shown below

alt text

As you can see everything behind our wall is dark but our wall is still visable (we have no testure yet). We would like to be able to go up to a corner and not be able to see what is behind it before walk pass the corner.
We’ve been sitting 4 man 6 hours each and try making it work with no luck, I’m sure it’s something really simple.

I hope you understand it, if you don’t just ask questens here and I will answer them as fast as I can.

Thanks for any help in advance!

You can use layers ,add the walls to a layer and on the light change the cull mask so that the “wall” layer is off.

Try placing the light source to / slightly above the player. If the light is lower than the walls the walls may cast the shadows you want.