Lightmapping and realtime lights on vertex-lit or mobile diffuse

Hola,

I’m not able to get lightmapping baked materials to work with realtime lights on anything less demanding than regular diffuse. I’ve tried vertex-lit and mobile diffuse, and both don’t take realtime lights after lightmap baking is done.

I think that regular diffuse is an overkill for my game performance, especially since I want to use multiple lights per scene to provide right highlights. Vertex-lit mobile provided right balance of performance and visual look, even on mobile, and I’d love to be able to add light baking into the mix.

Am I correct to assume that this would need a shader to make something that’s optimized and takes light maps? I’ve tried solution at Lighting and lightmapping - OpenGL ES 1.1? - Questions & Answers - Unity Discussions, but that shader returns me “tangent required” error.

Hopefully solution would be simpler than that, since I’m shader noob. :slight_smile:

If it helps, my baking lights are static and set to bake only, and dynamic lights are set to important and realtime only. I’m also using single lightmaps instead of dual, since there’s no distance views in the game.

Also looking for a solution/answer to this…