Line Renderer creating too many vertices for Camera?

Hi everyone, I’m new to Unity Answers, and I’m hoping someone can help me out with this one:

I had a project in Unity 4.6 that I’ve ported over to Unity 5, and one of the key features no longer works: I have 16 UAVs (cameras) flying around a scene, and a top-down, orthographic camera showing the location and flight paths of each UAV. Each UAV travels to 4 waypoints (basically just transforms - there are 16 evenly laid out in the scene) and I use a line renderer for each UAV to render the flightpaths. In Unity 5 I now get the following error:

“Canvas element contains more than 65535 vertices. This is not supported”

Did something change from Unity 4.6 to 5, or am I doing something incorrectly?

I’m aware of these questions: ReCoF and tddaniels; but they didn’t help me much.

To give you an idea of what I’m talking about, here’s what the project looked like in Unity 4.6:

Note: I’m aware of vectrosity; but I’d prefer to not to spend money on this right now, and it worked fine before with just the line renderer. :frowning:

Thanks for your help!

p.s. I also appreciate any tips you have for me on submitting better questions. :slight_smile:

Thanks Dave, you were absolutely right. I figured out the answer; here’s what was going on: In addition to my lineRenderers, I had a label for each UAV to display its position on the map in the upper left hand corner. I was using the same text as both a prefab and a parent for the labels. Thus, each time I instantiated a new label (16 in all) it added the new label to the prefab. I basically recursively created more labels for 16 iterations. It was the labels that were causing the problem, not the lineRenderers. I must have accidentally changed the code from Unity 4.6 to 5, as I did have it working before.