Link to common/shared project for reuse between games

So after I finished my first game, I realized I would like to use a large portion of files in the second. Thus, I placed them all within my project folder as “Common” and now I want to reuse all of these folders/files in other games. However, I would there to be more of a symbolic link where if I edit something in the “Common” project, all of the games will reflect this change. So I don’t want to have separate copies of dlls in each game. How do I go about doing this?

From this thread:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/104374-Using-links-(Sym-amp-Hard)-to-create-a-common-folder-for-all-Unity-Projects

1. Symbolic links to a shared code/asset directory, so in my
    projects I have a Utilities directory
    and a Libraries directory, these
    directories are actually links to the
    real files. When I updated any file in
    those directories inside of my current
    Unity project, it propagates those
    changes to all other Unity projects.

So how do I go about doing this or another alternative through VS and Unity?

I know this thread is old, but it wasn’t satisfactorily answered.

The obvious way to do this is with Version Control software. Check in your “Common” files into your version control, as a separate library to your games. Then check them out into whichever project you want to use them in. Then when they change, you check them in and update them as needed when you switch projects.

For Windows I use TortoiseSVN

I don’t know of a way to share assets between projects (that sounds a little dangerous) but perhaps you could create a package out of it and place it in Unity’s Standard Packages folder. Mine’s located at: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Standard Packages.

That way, once you create a new project, your common assets will be offered there. You could re-export your package on every modification and/or use WinMerge or a similar tool to update your previous project.

Its FAR from awesome, but that’s better than nothing I guess.