Loading additive scenes async sometimes not working

Today I played around with 2020.1 for a while.

As I mentioned in the 2020.2 forum already, good work on the performance improvements ( link )! It's one step of many in the right direction.

While playing a further developed version of the project from Case 1108597 in the 2020.1 editor, I noticed that sometimes additive scenes don't load.

var asyncOp = SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync(sceneName, LoadSceneMode.Additive);
while(!asyncOp.isDone)
    yield return null;

When I tried to debug the problem and attached Visual Studio, the issue just magically vanished and Unity loaded those scenes, so I can't say if it's really related to LoadSceneAsync.

But I can say that those scenes, such as the HUD, never made it to the Hierarchy Window and thus the HUD was never visible in the game. I was able to run around in the level, without loaded HUD and after attaching the Debugger, those scenes were magically added/loaded. There was also no error message.

I know this report is rather useless for you, but I wanted to mention it.

Thanks Peter. Let's see if it appears again or if someone else encounters this as well. I couldn't find anything related in FogBugz.

1 Like

Using Async single scene loads on 2020.2.0a15 gives us some seriously longer load times, I made a post about it here with bug reports and also a comparison video https://discussions.unity.com/t/796477

1 Like

Hello everyone faced the same problem as Peter77, from time to time after loading the additive scene she's disappears
P.S. I am using Addressables.LoadSceneAsync

1 Like