Make a Website.

Hello guys.

I have a question which may be a bit wrong for Unity answers but I don’t know another place where to ask it and it is an easy one if you know about it.

My question is: How can you make a website that you can write yourself and then does not have any other names in it. I mean: There are sites like npage for example that offer a free website and a kit to make it really easy. The thing is that it’s then called: websitename.npage… So is there a way to make a website which is just www.websitename…
Do you have to pay someone with a server for every month you have the site up or is there a way to do it for free when I write the site myself?

I’m asking this here because I will make a website for my game and I think it looks better when there is no other names in the website’s name.

I hope someone can help and I also hope that this question is not sooooo off-topic.

You can register a domain with someone like GoDaddy and they will also provide hosting services for a monthly fee - there are a lot of choices out there though, I’ve just switched to GoDaddy from another source because they have no bandwidth limit.

You will pay for the registration of the www.whatever.com: an initial fee and a yearly renewal in addition to the hosting costs. That part isn’t so bad.

You can register a domain and have it point just about anywhere actually - the setup for that is a bit fiddly. For instance my site www.whydoidoit.com is actually a domain provided by WordPress and points to whydoidoit.wordpress.com - but you don’t see that when you browse to it.

i suggest u ask this on yahoo answers Under computer>Programming and design Since i have no CLUE