Making unity recognise XBox360 controller

I've recently decided to start using a controller to create my Unity projects with. However, I've encountered a strange issue which I was wondering if someone could enlighten me on.

I'm using an XBox 360 wireless controller which interfaces with my Wireless Receiver. I'm also using Unity Indie.

The issue seems to be that when I try to run my game in the editor, it won't accept controller input. However, when I build and run, the controller works correctly.

The only exception to this, is if I launch and run the XInput project ( http://speps.fr/xinputdotnet ) then reload my project, the controller will register correctly when I'm running my Editor version of the game.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Is this a bug or a peculiarity of Unity?

Many thanks,

Simon.

Simple answer. Seems that I was turning on the controller after launching Unity, this prevented it from picking up the controller until I restarted the editor.

Apologies for my foolishness :).

I’m not having any such luck. Regardless of when I turn on my controller, Unity doesn’t seem interested in recognizing its input. :confused:

I had the same problem! Thank you so much for this posting it was very helpful.