MatchTarget just teleports aproximately at every 2nd target?

HI,

I have an object that gets moved to a subsequent positions on a hex grid.
In the gameController Update I invoke the code for each transition in a chain as follows: “if (MoveSmoothlyToNextHexDone) then move to next targetPoint”

public bool MoveSmoothlyToNextHexDone()
	{
        if(Mathf.Abs(Vector3.Magnitude(prefab.transform.position - targetPoint)) >= 0.08)
        {
            anim.MatchTarget(targetPoint, targetRotation, AvatarTarget.Root, new MatchTargetWeightMask(Vector3.one, 1f), 0.141f, 1.0f);
			return false;
        }
        else
		{
			return true;
		}
    }

The issue I see is that at first step its fine. The second transitions just doesnt move the model at all, but then just palces it at target position. Third transition will go smoothly again. I assume that new MatchTarget job interferes with previous one due to my threshold. But how would I avoid that?

Ok, I know it’s been a while, but I encountered a similar problem so I’m posting this in case anyone is curious.

The cause of the issue seems to be the completeMatch argument of the MatchTarget function, which defaults to true. CompleteMatch allows you to specify what should happen if the MatchTarget function is interrupted. A value of true causes the GameObject to immediately move to the matchPosition if interrupted. A value of false causes the GameObject to stay at its current position if interrupted.