Max 2011 Cat Animation

After looking at the animation tutorials and example projects (character customization example), I noticed they all use the bone system.

I am looking to create animations for scripts within unity and want to know if I can use the CAT system inside of Max 2011. I am not sure how exporting it this way might work...

Thanks,

You apparently can in 2010 at least. Check out wadoman's answer on the forums. If you do find out more, maybe by asking on that thread, please make sure to comment on this question.

Yes, you can use CAT. I had no problems with neither CAT in Max 2010 nor in 2011.

Exporting worked like normal bones for me. A skinned mesh animated with CAT seems to export and work the same way like with standard bones.

ofcourse you can! Just finished using it now.

3DS Max 2012 is the best! So much faster.
Be sure to export everything as bones and bake animations.

It doesn’t even have to be a single mesh. You can just group all your individual body parts inside one group and apply the skin modifier to the group(with maybe an editable poly mod as well applied in parallel, can’t remember but no biggy). This makes it possible so you can still give your players body customization with CAT.

ofcourse you can! Just finished using it now.

3DS Max 2012 is the best! So much faster.
Be sure to export everything as bones and bake animations.

It doesn’t even have to be a single mesh. You can just group all your individual body parts inside one group and apply the skin modifier to the group(with maybe an editable poly mod as well applied in parallel, can’t remember but no biggy). This makes it possible so you can still give your players body customization with CAT.

Hi when i do it i get all the bones showing up… how do i make them transparent or am i exporting incorrectly?