MeshCollider vs. anyOtherCollider

What might be good combination for situation like:

SpaceShip, thePlayer (1300 poly, meshCollider,convex)
SpaceShip, theEnemy (1300 poly, meshCollider,convex)
Surroundings, total 40-100 per level (each 200 - 2000 poly, meshCollider)
Bullet (capsuleCollider)
Flamer (particleCollider)

Documentation says:
“The typical solution is to use primitive Colliders for any objects that move, and Mesh Colliders for static background objects.”

And:
“Convex Mesh Colliders are limited to 255 triangles.”

So, my ship got 1300 triangles, but i do not get any error messages for using convex option. Does 255 tris actually mean calculated convex tris, not original amount of triangles (1300)?

Main question:
Not sure what to ask :slight_smile: but i guess… Should i replace convex meshCollider from player and enemyship with multiple primitive Colliders? If so, how many primitive colliders is ok to use, 10, 100, 1000?

This setup works pretty well at my computer, but could this cause some problems with other computers?

but i do not get any error messages for using convex option

Maybe you missed it; if you attempt to click the convex box for a mesh collider with more than 255 triangles, you get an error in the console that says “The hull has more than 255 polygons. This is invalid.”

Should i replace convex meshCollider from player and enemyship with multiple primitive Colliders?

Yes, if you can get a reasonable collision shape with as few primitive colliders as possible. It wouldn’t make any sense to use 1000; in that case it would be slower than a convex mesh collider. Note that you don’t need to use the same mesh for collision that you use for display.