I’m having a very strange error for the past couple of days. Here’s what’s going on:
- Change some code in Unity
- Export to Windows 10 Universal
- Build VisualStudio project and put app on Microsoft Hololens device
- Game runs fine
However, once in a while (sometimes with no code change at all) I’ll get an error when I build (see error(s) below). It’s the same project folder, same export settings, same everything. My only thoughts are that this must be a bug with VS because hololens is so new in it’s development stage.
However, if I create a brand new project, export it as a Microsoft Universal 10 project, build to hololens, then go back into said project, import everything from the old/broken project, and build - it works… sometimes…
I’m guessing this type of error isn’t specific to the hololens, but maybe to Universal 10 apps? After all, it shouldn’t matter what device I’m exporting it to, right?
Then again, I’ve just started using VisualStudio over Monodevelop since I had to - so I’m not familiar with the in-and-outs of it yet.
What I have tried:
- Restarting VisualStudio
- Restarting my computer
- Building to a new project
- Deleting Temp files
- Unreferencing/Referencing the firstpass assembly mentioned
- Uninstall/Reinstall Unity Hololens Technical Preview
- Uninstall/Reinstall Visual Studio
And pretty much everything else I could find on StackOverflow (which wasn’t much)
Any help would be greatly appreciated.