Missing Assembly and Nonexistent Playback Engine

Hello!
I currently downloaded the free version of the Unity editor for Windows 8 and I have been receiving errors.
These errors say:

Missing assembly E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\androidplayer for Android. Player support may be incomplete.

Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\androidplayer’

Missing assembly E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer\Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\blackberryplayer for BlackBerry. Player support may be incomplete.

Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\blackberryplayer’

Missing assembly E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\iossupport for iPhone. Player support may be incomplete.

Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\iossupport’

Missing assembly E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\linuxstandalonesupport for StandaloneLinux. Player support may be incomplete.

Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\linuxstandalonesupport’

Missing assembly E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\macstandalonesupport for StandaloneOSXIntel. Player support may be incomplete.

Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\macstandalonesupport’

Missing assembly E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\metrosupport for WSAPlayer. Player support may be incomplete.

Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\metrosupport’

Missing assembly E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\webglsupport for WebGL. Player support may be incomplete.

Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\webglsupport’

Missing assembly E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\windowsstandalonesupport for StandaloneWindows. Player support may be incomplete.

Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\windowsstandalonesupport’

Missing assembly E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\wp8support for WP8Player. Player support may be incomplete.

Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\wp8support’

Missing assembly UnityEngine.UI.dll for GUISystem. Extension support may be incomplete.

Missing assembly Editor/UnityEditor.UI.dll for GUISystem. Extension support may be incomplete.

If anyone has a solution to these problems please answer back as fast as you can as these errors are really annoying and I would like to get this fixed.

I have had the same problem.

The problem was caused by having multiple Unitys installed.

My solution was to delete the ‘C:\ProgramData\Unity\index-local.xml’ file.

Just in case anybody is still getting this, I had this error because Instead of a ‘Unity’ folder being in ProgramFiles, it was just the ‘Editor’ folder. This is probably because I installed 2017 while 2019 was already installed, and it messed up the installation. If your file location does not match that in the error, you should try and make it match. Ex, Can’t set nonexistent playback engine directory ‘E:\Program Files (x86)\Unity Game Developer Folder\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\androidplayer’ means that the ‘androidplayer’ file should be exactly where it says it should be in the error code. What I did is make a ‘Unity’ folder and put the ‘Editor’ inside of it, now everything works, all of the warnings and the error were resolved! Not sure if this is the solution to anybody else’s problems, but I though I would share just in case :slight_smile: