MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Object' has been destroyed.

I’m really not sure what I’ve done, but since I started working on a new script, I get 78 compile errors that are super unspecific and seem to be about rebuilding…

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Object' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
UnityEditor.Editor.IsEnabled () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/Editor.cs:589)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1151)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditors (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1028)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.OnGUI () (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:352)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)

I’m really stumped. This seems to be occurring at a level I am not dealing with.

And as you can see here, it just keeps growing. Does anyone have any idea before I reinstall Unity? Is this somehow my fault or has something been corrupted?

Take a look at this answer: http://answers.unity3d.com/answers/1368873/view.html