Mixing root motion animation and in place animation

So as far as I understand you use root-motion to actually move your object with animation, correct me if I am wrong. So I want to use it for cutscenes, but later on I want to use the same object for normal gameplay with root motion beeing switched of.
But my character doesn’t move and animator says “Root position or rotation are controlled by curves”.
109458-forask.png
So how would you go about this? Perhaps I am doing something completly wrong but my actual goal is being able to move character with animation when it’s needed and by coding when needed.

UPD ------------

So I will update my question a bit, because I still don’t understand. I am providing code for the object and coresponding animator controller. As you can see NewState is just an empty state. cs_theBeginning_brother is the actual cutscene. It’s not connected to anything so as I thought it would
not have any effect on the object whatsoever. If I delit it everething works fine(object is moving). The really odd thing for me is that when cs_theBeginning_brother is added to the animator controller the object doesn’t move whith root motion being switch off, but it does move with activated root motion.
Code is the same in all three scenarios.
Sorry I know thats a lot of stuff but I am really confused so I will apreciate any help on this.

109479-lol.png

private void Start()
    {
        rb = GetComponent<Rigidbody2D>();

}
    private void FixedUpdate()
    {
        rb.velocity = new Vector2(2, 0);

}

Root Motion is best achieved by actually manually moving the model per keyframe in your external 3D modeller. You can then switch root-motion off and perform the animations in-place. Curves can be created or adjusted from within Unity’s own animation window.

Forget about the curves for a moment, what you need is a custom script that moves your player when needed. Something like this:

void Update() {
    if (rootMotionIsDisabledAndImMovingForward) {
        transform.position += transform.forward * speed * Time.deltaTime;
    }
}

or if you are using physics:

void FixedUpdate() {
    if (rootMotionIsDisabledAndImMovingForward) {
        rigidbody.MovePosition(transform.position + transform.forward * Time.fixedDeltaTime);
    }
}

you could also use the rigidbodys velocity or even control the velocity using one of these magical AnimatorCurves you mentioned but maybe a simple approach as above suits your needs allready