Mobile Keyboard hide on tap screen.

Hey everyone, I’ve tried a lot to make this work. I tap on a textfield and enter my text, but when I tap away it stays. I know how to manually add and remove the keyboard but I think my problem is that I don’t know how to reference the keyboard that appears when I tap into a textfield.

If anyone can help I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Look at: Unity - Scripting API: TouchScreenKeyboard.Open. Basically you control when the keyboard appears and hides. If you use a textfield then Unity decides for you.

I ended up using a very questionable solution. I placed buttons over the textfields, these triggered bools and raised the keyboard. Then if a certain bool was equal to true a certain string would equal the keyboard output. Also if any of these bools were true then I had an invisible button overlay the screen so that a tap anywhere else on the screen would remove the keyboard/set bools to false. Still don’t understand why Unity can’t just hide the keyboard if there is a tap that is not a textfield. I would hazard a guess that most people would use that over the opposite?