I don’t know for how long, but recently monodevelop stopped letting me create and edit C# scripts for UnityEngine.
If I open a perfectly functioning C# script i would be met by a script filled with red markings and out of context references such as;
- Everything Unity related really
I’ve googled alot and looked at several people having the same problem and solved it.
None of the solutions worked for me though.
PS: I reset unity inbetween all “fixes”
- Check for errors in script
- Change target framework to various .Net versions, Higher and lower
- Check for script errors again
- Create a brand new C# script
- Delete all .proj and .sln files in project folder
- Open script from Unity to rebuild Assembly
- Delete userprefs for MonoDevelop
- Delete .proj and .sln files again
- Change built-in Editor back and forth from Visual Studio back to MonoDevelop
I’d like to keep using MonoDevelop in the future as I have a much better workflow in it than Visual Stuido.
So if anyone has some suggestions or some tips, I’d appreciate it.
Thanks for reading!