monodevelop highlight or mark variable option?

Hi. I’m looking for a convenient option to find specific variable. As you can see on the screenshot, the variable ‘cameraTransform’ has been highlighted with light yellow(?). I did it with Ctrl+F to show you what I want.

I want highlighting option like this for a specific variable that keyboard cursor or mouse cursor point on. It makes easy tracking variable changes for my eyes.

When I search the web, the option ‘Highlight identifiers references’ may be the key. But it doesn’t work.

How can I get this?
thank you.

In the menubar click on ToolsOptions…

In the Text Editor Section click on Markers and Rulers and enable Highlight identifier references.

It should now work as expected.

Not sure if there’s a way to exactly what you’re looking for, but here’s a couple options:

You can double-click a symbol (eg. variable name) to select it, and then press Ctrl+F. The find dialog will be populated with the selected text, giving the end effect of highlighting all instances of that symbol.

You could also use the “Find References” functionality (in the context menu after right-clicking the variable). This doesn’t highlight, but it does show you all references to that specific variable in a list.