mouse move rotate object question

So I have two scripts, one is my pickup object script and another is a left click drag object and it rotates script. I would like to know how to implement the rotate action in the rotate script into my pickup object script. I would like it so that I hold down “r” and i can now rotate the object i have picked up in view, around using either mouse movement or left click drag. When I release “r” it goes back to my normal pickup object stuff.

Pickup object script:
using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

public class LineOfSight : MonoBehaviour
{
//we assign this script to the first person character
private RaycastHit vision; // this is where ill store the information from the raycast collision
public float rayLength; // length of my raycast
private bool isGrabbed; // the player is carrying the object
private Rigidbody grabbedObject; // ill assign vision to this later as a reference to the objects rigidbody
public float throwForce = 1000; // amount of force for throwing the object
float rotSpeed = 10;

void Start()
{
    rayLength = 4.0f; // set the raycast length from the start
    isGrabbed = false; // game just started so the player is not carrying an object

}

void Update()
{
    // Im using the first person character as my camera position, cast from there in forwards direction, store what I hit into the variable vision, and the raylength is the length of the raycast ray
    if (Physics.Raycast(Camera.main.transform.position, Camera.main.transform.forward, out vision, rayLength)) 
    {
        if(vision.collider.tag == "interactable")// each interactable object has a tag called interactable
        {
            if (Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.E) && !isGrabbed) // if I hit E and I am not carrying an object
            {
                grabbedObject = vision.rigidbody; // assign the object we hit with raycasts rigidbody component to the variable grabbedObject
                grabbedObject.isKinematic = true; // avoid recognizing collisions
                grabbedObject.transform.SetParent(gameObject.transform); // set the grabbed object as a child of the camera
                isGrabbed = true; // set the fact that im carrying something now
            }

else if (isGrabbed && Input.GetKeyDown(KeyCode.E)) // if i am carrying something and I hit E, drop the object
            {
                grabbedObject.transform.parent = null; //detach from parent
                grabbedObject.isKinematic = false; // turn collision detection on
                isGrabbed = false; // set it so im not shown as carrying anything so that I can hit E again and pick it back up
            }
            else if (isGrabbed && Input.GetKey(KeyCode.R))

if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown(1)) // if i click right mouse button
            {
                grabbedObject.isKinematic = false; // bring back collision detection
                grabbedObject.transform.parent = null; // remove from parent
                isGrabbed = false; // set it so im not carrying anything so i can click E and pick up again
                grabbedObject.AddForce(Camera.main.transform.forward * throwForce); // using the objects rigidbody, add force to it in forward direction
            }

}
    }

}

}

rotate object script:

using System.Collections;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using UnityEngine;

public class myRotate : MonoBehaviour
{
float rotSpeed = 10;

void OnMouseDrag()
{
    float rotX = Input.GetAxis("Mouse X") * rotSpeed * Mathf.Deg2Rad;
    float rotY = Input.GetAxis("Mouse Y") * rotSpeed * Mathf.Deg2Rad;

transform.RotateAround(Vector3.up, -rotX);
    transform.RotateAround(Vector3.right, rotY);
}

}

first create class for button in my case (ToolButton.cs) then add this script like below

currentButton = Instantiate(tool) as GameObject;
  button = currentButton.AddComponent<ToolButton>();
  button.tool = btn;
  button.counter = counter;

in ToolButton scripts on Start() function you need to add Addlistener to each button

UnityEngine.Events.UnityAction action = () => { Play();}; GetComponent ().onClick.AddListener (action);

ncsecu login