Moving a player's position on scene change

I’ve created a script that will, on object collision, load a new scene (and a separate script that prevents the player from being destroyed on the load.) The problem is that I need the player to spawn at the beginning of the new scene, instead of retaining their position on the scene change. I have no idea how to do this though, beyond thinking it might have to do with defining the player in the script and using a transform, both of which I don’t know how to use. My current code is

public class SceneChange : MonoBehaviour {

// Use this for initialization
	void Start () {
	}
	void OnTriggerEnter2D() {

Application.LoadLevel ("SecondRoom");
	}
	// Update is called once per frame
	void Update () {

}
}

What do I need to add to make this work? thanks in advance.

you can do this in Awake() or Start(). So Create a new Script or add to existing script in every scene that repositions the player. You can store player’s start position as Empty GameObject and use it’s transform or use a Vector3 whatever you like. Since you don’t have player’s reference in every script you can do:

GameObject.Find("<player object name>").transform.position = startPos;

This is a great method for doing so with one position, but how would you go about doing it from multiple start positions? For example, the transition between an open world map and several smaller areas. After leaving the smaller area, you’d use startPos to be put right back to where you started from in the open world map, but how would you be able to do the same for all the other positions?