Multi story buildings in top down game using 3d engine

I am creating a top down game with the 3d physics engine and want to implement multi story buildings. Different buildings can be on different Y axis levels because the ground will be uneven terrain. The camera will be a fixed distance on the Y axis from the player. The camera needs to be able to see the player character, and everything on the player’s current floor. I plan to use stair cases to traverse the different floors.

Is there any best practice or packages that can help to achieve this?

Here is how I implemented it in the end. For each building game object, here is how the hierarchy should be organised:

Building

– Ground Floor

– – Walls

– – Floor

– First Floor

– – Walls

– – Floor

By default, only the ground floor would be visible and the renderers of the game objects in all other floors would be disabled. I then have trigger points in the bottom and top halves of the stair cases, that hide and reveal the previous or next floors when they are triggered by the player.

@maxus Hi, I am new to unity and I am developing a similar game like you did, a top down 3d game which is like if player go inside a building the floors above him will disappear. However now I am having a hard time about how to do it through script or other method, I can’t find any tutorial or forum talking about it, but looks like you did it. Can you give me some direction about to make it? I doesn’t really understand what you said in your method.