Muse Behaviour AI generative features

Hi there, is there a way to tell if you have access to muse behaviour (AI generative features) I got the package in my project now and I’m about to start testing it but just wonder if the was a way to see if I can use the AI features. Thank you.

Hi @AndyNeoman, I believe if you are able to tick it in the Muse account page then it should work, otherwise it’ll work without generative features.

Please note the generative features are still experimental and we’re looking to improve them and add more features :slight_smile:

1 Like

I get the option to install package, if that is what you mean? btw I’m working through the youtube video and I don’t seem to have the options you are showing. Specifically the options on patrol to add a navmesh. I select the patrol node, open the inspector but the navmesh option is not there.

Hi Andy,

In which case I believe the buttons for generative an action with AI should be available, as well as creating a branch from text

As for the Patrol node, I’ve iterated on all the movement nodes the person who made the demo created to try and simplify them, it should now use the nav mesh agent by default if it has one! It’ll also retrieve the animator automatically from the object or it’s children. Sorry about the confusion, I just figured it’s a nice quality of life feature but the video is somewhat out of date because of this change :slight_smile:

1 Like

P.S. I recommend right clicking on the various nodes and selecting Edit Script to see how they work :slight_smile:

Please do let me know if you encounter any issues! The team was in a bit of a rush to get the changes for Unite so I’m sorry if anything fails but we should be able to fix it pretty quickly :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve just done this and realised the animator and navmesh are private variables now so wont show. They are not hooking up automatically however as the AI is not using the animator currently.

What was happening when i had the navmesh agent on the child was the navmesh was moving independently to the parent. I had to put the navmesh on the root in order for the movement to include the parent/mesh etc… Now the character is moving but with no animation.

Hi @AndyNeoman , I’m sorry that’s my bad. I made the changes trying to make the nodes easier to use and I didn’t test them against the demo scene. I’ll look into fixing it next week! Sorry about that.

1 Like

No worries, I understand it is early versions and I’m sure time is tight, I happy to be part of the early testing and hopefully I can be one of the first to get something live in game when the time is right. I see this as one of the best tools to make my ideas become reality because they always seem heavily reliant on AI systems and that has been very difficult over the years.

Awesome, thank you! I really hope people will find it useful :slight_smile:

Hi @AndyNeoman, I believe if you are able to tick it in the Muse account page then it should work, otherwise it’ll work without generative features.

It would be wonderful if access to this could be expanded soon

I’ve looked closely at the non-AI part of Muse Behavior and I can see that it will be incredibly useful (it’s the part of Muse that I’m most looking forward to). I have a lot of ideas for things to test with it. But it really needs the AI integrations to do meaningful testing, and that part doesn’t seem to be accessible at the moment

I’d love to be part of the testing process if someone can give me access to the generative AI part of Muse Behavior (I’m currently subscribed to Muse)

Hi @Hawaiianz , I’m going to ask someone with more knowledge on the access to respond to you as I’m more on the technical side of things :slight_smile:

1 Like

So will the behavior package be available for use without a muse subscription, after all this early access / experimental period? Requiring a subscription only for the generative portion?

I really like how intuitive the system is, aligning nodes, creating custom nodes, and blackboard variable access.

Yes! That’s the current plan, keep the behavior tree available for everyone :slight_smile:

Please note, I’m a tech lead so things might change from what I currently know, but this is my current knowledge.

I’m really glad you like it! I really wanted this tool to be as intuitive and easy to use as possible. Note you also have some shortcuts for aligning (which we need to make more discoverable!) such as ALT+A (align immediate children of selected) and ALT+Shift+A (align all descendants of selected) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Andy,

I just wanted to double with regard to the tutorial project. Did you get the animation working? I tested it locally and the patrol action should find the animator in the game object or its children. Any more information you can give me?

Not yet but I shelved it while I waited for an update. I am back working on it today though so I will try again. On the point of the animator, does behaviour work through you animator and understand it? My AC uses vertical and horizontal movements, I noticed in the code speed magnitude is used. Does the AC have to be setup in a certain way to work? I tried to follow the youtube video link to further documentation but it looks like the access is denied currently.

Hi @AndyNeoman ,

At the moment the action only uses magnitude. We need to figure out a way to allow a more custom approach, perhaps set all 3 and let the animator use which one? What do you think, do you have any suggestions?

Also, Muse Behavior 0.5.6 should be out today, hopefully within the hour, including fixes for the IL2CPP errors.

1 Like

I will try that with the updated version this afternoon and let you know how it goes. Once I had spent i bit of time with it I was going to ask about the approach for more complex AC’s.

I just created an action/animation and the option to use generative features is greyed out so it looks like I don’t have access to that yet. It just says register to muse to use this feature. I presume that is generic response as I am a registered user of muse.

Hi @AndyNeoman, I asked the PM to look into expanding access. Sorry about that! Hopefully you’ll get it soon.

1 Like