I export a FBX maya file in to Unity, in my animation the wings for the bird look very smooth. But when I preview my character in unity the mess looks a bit weird. Any ideas? I have check everything in Maya I have no idea maybe this is an issue with my Unity settings. See a screen shot below.
Thanks in advance,
I think there is Normal Problems in your character.
Go to maya-
1.Select Mesh and check Display >Polygon > Face Normal (If normal is ok then normal potion is up side but if it is flip then normal is in down position)
- select mesh go to Normal>Set to Face > Unlock Normal > Soften Edge
- export it to .Fbx
- import it to unity and check.
If this method is not working you can do one more thing
- export your mesh into .obj
- import .obj mesh into maya again
- export mesh into .fbx
- import it to unity its work fine
if you have any issue then ask