Native error= Access denied when building the project

Error building Player: Win32Exception: ApplicationName=‘/Applications/Unity/Hub/Editor/2019.3.0a6/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/SDK/tools/bin/sdkmanager’, CommandLine=‘–list’, CurrentDirectory=‘/Users/meeples/Unity projects/myGame’, Native error= Access denied

1. Copy this file. (ApplicationName=…)
  2. Delete this file.
  3. Paste this file.

This works for me :slight_smile:

For MacOS you can try that command in terminal

sudo chmod -R +x /Applications/Unity

I’m not sure how this is working for people, copying the file to somewhere else, deleting the original and then copying back the copy. Maybe when your system does the copy at the end, the bitmask of the recreated file fixes the execute permission on it? That’s all this error is, it’s more of the JDK download issues in Unity, where the binaries don’t have execute permissions on them.

I had to fix three bin directories (replace Unity version with the version you are using):

~/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.9f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/NDK/toolchains/llvm/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin
~/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.9f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/SDK/bin
~/Unity/Hub/Editor/2021.3.9f1/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/SDK/tools/bin

You just need to add execute permissions to all the files in these directories: chmod ug+x *

Note that I’m on Linux and compiling for Oculus Quest, so some of the above may change if you are building on Windows and for some other platform.