New Navmesh Link example

Hello,
I need an example to use the new navmesh link to connect two navmesh surface component (both set to children).
I tried to link my plane (“terrain” withouth the terrain component) with a 30° plane, but it is really difficult to understand how to do it.

1. There is no way to do an automatic connection between two navmesh surface component… I tried my best to connect them manually but I really don’t know if my link was right.
  2. After I position the link my character seem to ignore it.

Maybe there is also a new navmesh agent… or maybe there is an example that it’s not on git… I really don’t know.
Still I think this new system it’s the best for my game and I would like to use it.
I think that a basic example would be enough to understand what I do wrong, but if you know a tutorial for the new navmesh system I would really like to take a look to it.

An example of the navmesh modifier would also be great, since I really don’t know how to modify the navmesh surface component with it.

Finally I really would like to know if it’s possible to fall from a surface component to another surface component with the navmesh link… I know that to jump I need to deactivate the navmesh agent component and reactivate it after the jump… but to fall?

Thank you in advance

In the end I used the local navmesh builder/navmesh source tag, and I used a wall trigger to deactivate the navmesh agent, make my character jump, and reactivate it after the jump animation.
I was able to make a point&click system with no fall problem this way.

There is no way to do an automatic connection between two navmesh surface component

Try unity-navgen or one of the linked alternatives.

if it’s possible to fall from a surface component to another surface component with the navmesh link… I know that to jump I need to deactivate the navmesh agent component and reactivate it after the jump… but to fall?

AgentLinkMover and the dungeon example from NavMeshComponents is a good demonstration of how to handle an agent traversing a link: AgentLinkMover waits for a link to hit, then moves the agent across the link, then signals that the link is complete. To make an agent fall, just change the way your version of AgentLinkMover works. You could use physics to slide it off the edge and fall with gravity, use a path/animation, or do it programmatically.