Non-jumpy movement in unity?

So, i’ve been using unity for a few years, and back in the day, it was simple. But then, for some reason, the unity devs decided to change the API, throwing me and my development off by a lot. Now, after giving up this hobby for a good two years, i decided to come back. Now I can’t even get my character to move. So here’s the question. How do I get a rigidbody to move by HOLDING DOWN w? So far this is my code:

pragma strict

function Start () {

}

var speed = 15;

function Update () {
if (Input.GetKeyDown (‘w’)) {
transform.position(Vector3.forward * speed * Time.fixedDeltaTime);
}

After that, I’d imagine that the main problem will be that the character movement will be jumpy. If you can, please answer that. I’ve looked for this all over the internet for a good three weeks now, but i’ve given up, everything I’ve found wasn’t a help at all.

Don’t give up christainbishop14gmail-com! Determination! Anyways, your problem is pretty straight-forward. First of all, I would recommend that you watch unity’s roll-a-ball tutorials as they show you how to do exactly what you’re asking. Second, you should look at the unity documentation/manual to find out what built-in methods do what. Third, you should take a look at Brakey’s roll-a-ball tutorials on youtube. You should be able to figure out everything from these three sources.