Object position resets to Camera Position using touch

I am working in adding touch inputs to a game. What i want to do for now is move an object to where I tap in screen space, however whenever I tap the screen, the object I want to move always moves the position of the camera.

touchCount = 0;
        foreach (Touch touch in Input.touches)
        {
            if (touch.phase != TouchPhase.Ended && touch.phase != TouchPhase.Canceled)
            {
                touchCount++;
                screenTouchPosition = touch.position;
            }
            if (touchCount == 1)
            {
                Vector3 objWorldPosition = Camera.main.WorldToScreenPoint(this.transform.position);
                objWorldPosition = screenTouchPosition;
                this.transform.position = Camera.main.ViewportToWorldPoint(objWorldPosition);
            }
        }

I know i need to convert the object’s world position to screen space but I can’t think of what else i need to do.

If you want to place an GameObject where you tap on the screen, you’re going to have to do convert the screen point to a world point. You will need to use the ScreenToWorldPoint() method.

Vector3 screenPosition = new Vector3(touch.position.x, touch.position.y, -Camera.main.transform.position.z);
transform.position = Camera.main.ScreenToWorldPoint(screenPosition);

The Vector you give ScreenToWorldPoint() needs to have a z value that represents the distance between the camera and point where you want your vector. -Camera.main.transform.position.z works if the transform you want to move is 0 on the z axis.